What to feed or not to feed? That is the question...
Wet or Dry Food? Raw, organic, natural, or commercial? Proper ratio of protein, fat, carbs, vitamins/minerals, etc? Name brands or generic? Confused by the labels, infomercials, or the latest fads?
The following links to articles about nutrition and pet food may help sort through the confusion. A discussion with your vet about your pet's unique nutritional needs is also a good idea.
1. Mistakes People Make Feeding Cats: By Wendy C. Fries, WebMD Pet Health Feature. Reviewed by Audrey Cook, BVM&S
2. Principles of Dog Nutrition: By T. J. Dunn, Jr, DVM for PetMD
4. The Best Cat Food: Safe and Healthy Formulas for Your Feline Friend By: Reviews.com
5. Six Signs It's Time to Change Your Pet's Food. By: By Jessica Vogelsang, DVM for PetMD
6. Urinary Tract Infections in Cats. By: PetMD
7. Best Healthy Dog Treats. By: Pippa Elliott for A-Z Vets
8. Cat Treats and Snacks: What’s Healthy? By: Wendy C. FriesWebMD Pet Health Feature Reviewed by Audrey Cook, BVM&S